Check out this fun wedding photobooth slideshow video from Melia and Tommy's recent wedding!!! So much fun! :) If you need a wedding photographer in Fort Myers or Naples, Florida definitely check out Charlotte Purdy Photography. As you can tell we have an AMAZING Photobooth!!!
fort myers photography
How to Save Money on Your Wedding Venue in Southwest Florida
When planning your wedding, it is hard to believe how quickly costs can add up. After having photographed several weddings, I have learned a few tricks to save money on your wedding but still have a great event. While these tips are created with the Fort Myers and Naples bride in mind, they will still may be relevant regardless of where you live. Here are some tips on how to save money on your wedding venue for your Fort Myers or Naples, Florida Wedding.
- The Beach:
Residents of Fort Myers and/or Naples Florida have the wonderful benefit of living in paradise. People travel to Florida to have their weddings in our beautiful tropical environment, while we practically have the beach in our backyard. If you are a bride on a budget and you are a beach person who wouldn’t mind having your wedding outdoors, I would strongly suggest having your wedding at the beach. Before you have your wedding at the beach, make sure that you get in contact with the Clerk of Courts office (www.leeclerk.org) regarding your marriage license, and also contact the local beach officials in order to make sure that you do not need any special permits. These are the phone numbers for the various beach officials (I obtained these phone numbers from The Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel Website. They have a lot of really good information regarding having your beach wedding, you should check out their website http://www.fortmyers-sanibel.com/weddings)
- Captiva, North Captiva and Boca Grande 239-479-8585
- Fort Myers Beach 239-765-0202
- Bonita Springs 239-949-6262
- Lovers Key State Park 239-463-4588
- Sanibel Island 239-472-3700
- Backyard Wedding:
Don’t overlook having a backyard wedding. Some of the prettiest weddings that I have ever photographed have been backyard weddings. If you live in a location that has a pretty view and a large space (or have a friend or family member who does) then you should consider this as an option – just make sure you have a backup plan in case it rains (such as a tent).
- Government-Owned Properties (State Parks and Reception Venues):
This is actually the route I took when I got married. The local city often has beautiful buildings or properties that are donated to them, and they rent them out at a price that would be significantly cheaper than a privately-held venue. I met my husband in college and got married there, then I moved to Fort Myers, Florida. When I got married, my dream venue was actually a beautiful building that was donated to the city, and it was so cheap to rent! For six hours, it only cost $250. If a beach or backyard wedding isn’t what you are looking for, you should seriously consider going the government-owned route. Here are just a few gorgeous locations that you should consider looking into renting for your wedding day:
· Koreshan State Park and Historic Site. Located in Estero, FL this location is absolutely BEAUTIFUL for weddings. You can check out their website for information by going here: https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Koreshan
· Buckingham Community Center: This is a beautiful ceremony/reception area that is located in Fort Myers, Florida. You can check out their website for more information by going here: http://www.leeparks.org/Facility_info?Project_num=0239
· Lakes Park: Located in Fort Myers, Florida this location has a beautiful garden, gazebo, and lodge for the reception. You can check out their website for more information by going here: http://www.leeparks.org/Facility_info?Project_num=0101
· Naples Beach at 8th Avenue South and Gulf Shore Boulevard: Located in Naples, Florida this location is absolutely stunning. It is close to downtown Naples and was recently renovated with wedding ceremonies in mind, just a heads-up, there’s no parking on this street so make sure you make prior arrangements. You can check out their website for more information by going here: http://www.naplesgov.com/index.aspx?NID=450
Depending on what look you are going for, you can definitely have a beautiful wedding that was done on a budget. I hope these tips help you with your wedding planning. As always, if you need a wedding photographer in Fort Myers or Naples, Florida do not hesitate to contact me. :) Check back for future money-saving tips!
Charlotte Purdy Photography
I am so excited to share this sneak peek from Jared and Lisa's fun Bowditch Park Beach Wedding !!! :) These two are cute together and their intimate ceremony at Fort Myers Beach was both full of love and smiles. So honored to have been chosen to be their wedding photographer.
This past Sunday was so much fun at the Harborside Bridal Show in Fort Myers, Florida. I got to meet a lot of wonderful brides planning their upcoming weddings. :) My husband helped me with setting my booth up and I got to work alongside some other wedding vendors. Here are some pictures from the show!
Below are some gorgeous props from Country Chic Event Rental! I love working with Nikki and Linda. Both are very helpful and always provide great customer service :).
Below are some of the wonderful ladies from David’s Bridal in Fort Myers
Lani Kai Island Resort was at the bridal show. I loved their booth décor!
Mmmm… Publix cakes (even though this one is fake) make me hungry.
Bed Bath and Beyond is always a good place to have your wedding registry! These girls were my booth neighbors. :)
Had a great time at the Harborside Bridal show! I always look forward to meeting future brides :) Take care! - Charlotte