Yesterday we had such a fun time shooting an Engagement Session in Downtown Fort Myers. We were lucky to get some awesome shots in before it started to rain! I just LOVE the cute Save-the-Date that Lindsay made - so creative! :)
Such a cute story! Twenty years after walking down the aisle with each other, the flower girl and ring bearer of a wedding marry. :) What are the odds? I loved watching this!!!!
Here are some sneak peeks of Tabitha and Scott's stunning wedding at Plantation Golf and Country Club in Fort Myers, Florida! There is so much love between these two - an absolute honor to be able to capture their wedding. :) www.CharlottePurdy.com
I had such a BLAST with Amanda and Kevin capturing their Engagement Pictures at Lakes Park in Fort Myers, Florida.... Check out that sky!!! :)What a fun time with a great couple! www.CharlottePurdy.com
What a sweet story!!! A woman at a wedding got proposed to, and the bride was in on it. I love how they incorporated the bouquet toss into the proposal, since traditionally it means that whoever catches the bouquet is next to wed. :) I LOVE this.
XOXO - Charlotte
Owner/Photographer at Charlotte Purdy Photography
Fort Myers and Naples Wedding Photographer
Kim and I had such a fun time during her maternity session at Lowdermilk Park in Naples, Florida! Here are a few sneak peeks - more to come soon!!!
How to Save Money on Your Wedding Venue in Southwest Florida
When planning your wedding, it is hard to believe how quickly costs can add up. After having photographed several weddings, I have learned a few tricks to save money on your wedding but still have a great event. While these tips are created with the Fort Myers and Naples bride in mind, they will still may be relevant regardless of where you live. Here are some tips on how to save money on your wedding venue for your Fort Myers or Naples, Florida Wedding.
- The Beach:
Residents of Fort Myers and/or Naples Florida have the wonderful benefit of living in paradise. People travel to Florida to have their weddings in our beautiful tropical environment, while we practically have the beach in our backyard. If you are a bride on a budget and you are a beach person who wouldn’t mind having your wedding outdoors, I would strongly suggest having your wedding at the beach. Before you have your wedding at the beach, make sure that you get in contact with the Clerk of Courts office (www.leeclerk.org) regarding your marriage license, and also contact the local beach officials in order to make sure that you do not need any special permits. These are the phone numbers for the various beach officials (I obtained these phone numbers from The Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel Website. They have a lot of really good information regarding having your beach wedding, you should check out their website http://www.fortmyers-sanibel.com/weddings)
- Captiva, North Captiva and Boca Grande 239-479-8585
- Fort Myers Beach 239-765-0202
- Bonita Springs 239-949-6262
- Lovers Key State Park 239-463-4588
- Sanibel Island 239-472-3700
- Backyard Wedding:
Don’t overlook having a backyard wedding. Some of the prettiest weddings that I have ever photographed have been backyard weddings. If you live in a location that has a pretty view and a large space (or have a friend or family member who does) then you should consider this as an option – just make sure you have a backup plan in case it rains (such as a tent).
- Government-Owned Properties (State Parks and Reception Venues):
This is actually the route I took when I got married. The local city often has beautiful buildings or properties that are donated to them, and they rent them out at a price that would be significantly cheaper than a privately-held venue. I met my husband in college and got married there, then I moved to Fort Myers, Florida. When I got married, my dream venue was actually a beautiful building that was donated to the city, and it was so cheap to rent! For six hours, it only cost $250. If a beach or backyard wedding isn’t what you are looking for, you should seriously consider going the government-owned route. Here are just a few gorgeous locations that you should consider looking into renting for your wedding day:
· Koreshan State Park and Historic Site. Located in Estero, FL this location is absolutely BEAUTIFUL for weddings. You can check out their website for information by going here: https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Koreshan
· Buckingham Community Center: This is a beautiful ceremony/reception area that is located in Fort Myers, Florida. You can check out their website for more information by going here: http://www.leeparks.org/Facility_info?Project_num=0239
· Lakes Park: Located in Fort Myers, Florida this location has a beautiful garden, gazebo, and lodge for the reception. You can check out their website for more information by going here: http://www.leeparks.org/Facility_info?Project_num=0101
· Naples Beach at 8th Avenue South and Gulf Shore Boulevard: Located in Naples, Florida this location is absolutely stunning. It is close to downtown Naples and was recently renovated with wedding ceremonies in mind, just a heads-up, there’s no parking on this street so make sure you make prior arrangements. You can check out their website for more information by going here: http://www.naplesgov.com/index.aspx?NID=450
Depending on what look you are going for, you can definitely have a beautiful wedding that was done on a budget. I hope these tips help you with your wedding planning. As always, if you need a wedding photographer in Fort Myers or Naples, Florida do not hesitate to contact me. :) Check back for future money-saving tips!
Charlotte Purdy Photography
Sneak Peek of Melia and Tommy's absolutely GORGEOUS wedding in Fort Myers Florida